Remote control


It was an “eerie” experience – the EHA server was being migrated and so there were changes, which needed to be made in my E-mail account. Over phone, our IT team gave instructions but I could not sort the issue out. So they decided to use a program “Team Viewer” and take over the control of my computer from a distance…I at home and the team at office…. And I saw the files being opened, they trying to close folders which I had left open and change around some settings…. with no one handling the computer directly…

The feeling was a bit discomforting – how can some one take over what is mine, and run it the way they want it…. I can do better – I am sitting near the machine, I can easily do all this….Any way I own this machine!

But wisdom prevailed…the realization that I am not as “tech savvy” as they are and at least at times it is better to hand over the control to some one who knows what needs to be done….

I waited for a few minutes – saw the difficulty they were facing – with the “connection slow” there was a time lag between what they were trying to do and what was happening in the computer – the icons were moving around all over the desktop, trying to pin point at “close” or “open” icons of folders and files.  


I felt I should help them, since I had direct access to the mouse! Only after I set out to help them, I realized that, though their response was slow, they were working with a clear plan in their mind and I had no clue what they were up to. Fast-forwarding by external help (help from me the owner) would only delay the process further! Or even confuse the team!

Finally after an hour or so, they told me – now delete all mails in out box, rewrite new ones, close and restart the computer, your account will start functioning! And it did...!

I was reading recently in a book – “iY Generation” by Tim Elmore, how the author as a young child was observing the “moth” trying  to break out of the “pupa” and that this process, since was taking a long time, he decided to intervene and help the moth out, by slowly breaking off parts of the shell. And finally the Moth came out – but malformed and unable to fly – little did he realize that the process of struggling out was the “maturation process” and the extraneous well meaning help, was detrimental to this process!

How true these are in my spiritual journey too – The Owner and Creator knows what he is up to – but most of the time I want control and run my life the way I feel it should go and at the pace I want it to happen…. 


At times when I am in my right frame on mind (spiritually) – I hand over control but I want to help Him (God) to fasten the process and in the process of trying to be of help, I mess up things! But end of the day,  only I can allow the final change to happen – the remote controller can sort everything out – But He will not – he allows me to have the final say – because he wants me to have my free will! 

The SA Node, in the heart, which initiates the Heart rhythm and maintains the same at 80 – 90 per minute, or the unconscious control of breathing by specialized centers in the brainstem, which automatically regulate the rate and depth of breathing depending on the body’s needs at any time, are examples in our body itself of “self regulatory” but “inner controlled” processes, which run our body!  These are patterns for us to learn from….Any external control would be "detrimental!

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes…is it is with every one who is born of the spirit…” – The control is with the Spirit – the owner and creator….Moving us where it wants us to move.....But…

To be “remotely controlled” by the Spirit, at the same time having the final say with me – is it possible… Yes – by a mind, which is under the control of the spirit so that the mind will know the will of the Spirit and act on it….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good