Community continued....


How do we measure where we are in the communities which we are part of, be it be my family, my church, my work place or other communities we are part of? Three questions to reflect on.

1.      A community is as close to its purposes as its members are. We measure where we are first by measuring ourselves. What is the purpose of my being in the community I am part of – be it be my family, my church, institution, project or organization? On scale given below try to place yourself.

My purpose of being part of the community (Family/Church/Institution/Project/Organization)

Me, my needs
Common agenda of work and or need to live together
Identity of the community, work place or institution
Need for each other for the sake of growth of each other and the community
God, his purposes, commonality of brokenness bound by Grace of God

 

2.      Then reflect on the community you are part of and try to place the same in the scale below.

The community I am part of, where it is today.

Boiling Pot community
Simmering Fire community
Lukewarm community
Warming community
Foot-washers community
Community of the Cross

 

3.      Reflect how much I should move, if my community has to move towards God and His purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good