Buying Spectacles…

Before I get new spectacles, I thought I might go through my collection of what I already have.

I have one of “Rational and Logical thinking”. This is what I use on a regular basis. Like Pilate, who had to use his trained mind to decide whether to let Jesus go free or arrest him, based on what His logic told him, I need this spectacles on a regular basis. Though some times like Pilate’s wife, my wife and others might ask me to take away this spectacles, I often do not, because this is the one I am comfortable with most. …

This also has an additional glasses I can put on and take out. The add-ons of “Governance, management and policies” – the things which I am expected to be custodian of. What I am paid for….Pilate also had the same issue – he had to be the protector of the Empire’s interests…I have my own empires to protect….

Then there is one which I seldom use (Or I think I seldom use) – spectacles of preserving my position, power and roles, which I think is God given and is mine to protect and preserve. Pharisees had this problem, they had only this spectacle and they felt that this was what they were called for – Protect God’s interest through protecting and preserving their “God given” roles!

I many times put on the “Emotional spectacles” – the one driven by what my emotions tell me – fear – like Peter and disciples, though I know that emotions come and go, i keep it for special situations – which is quite too often…

Then there is one of “Immediate returns” – what do I get out of this – asap – Judas had this on most of the time. He thought he could take this off and put on some thing else later, but by the time he decided to change the same, it was too late….

Then – I have a “kaleidoscope” which changes colours too often – as and when I move the machine, the pattern changes – the crowd had this with them most of the time. They moved with the common mood of the times….

What I require is one of “reflection and revelation”. The one Jesus had – able to look at context through reflection on the revelation He had…

Should I destroy the others….before I get the new one….or keep it for a needy day – to understand how others see…or would some of those will become by default specs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good