I am confused....


We are a confused lot. We mean – Health care professionals. Well not all, but very many of us.

There was a time when “call” was pre-eminent or rather the reason for any health care involvement….I mean Call of The King. The Call of the King has been replaced by call of My Desires. My desire for a good “career” supersedes all other calls. Career is a good call but it has replaced the better one – The call for a greater purpose. Some where we have forgotten – that seek first the Kingdom……added unto to you….. Verse.

Those who keep the King’s Call as pre-eminent also are confused. For some, King’s call is for Soul and my call is for Body. Since Body is material and Soul is spiritual, the higher spiritual call supersedes the lower physical call and so Medical work becomes secondary to Spiritual work. One forgets that the Body Spirit and Soul are part of the same individual!

There was an era when “compassion” was the inner motivation for caring, the constraint of Love…This constraint has been replaced by the constraint of “commerce”…My EMI’s decide where I will be and what I will do. What can I give has been replaced by what can I get. Whom can I serve has been replaced by How can I build my life.

And there was a not too long ago a time when Medial profession was respected for their “character”. Hippocratic Oaths, Discipline and work ethics, trustworthiness etc. were embodied by Medical profession. The penetrating influence of “corruption” has not left Medical profession free, rather some of our fraternity are in the forefront of this disease, spreading the disease rather than curing it…

There were many who had the “courage” to step into the unknown for the sake of making a difference in the world. Today we study, analyze and dissect the “context” and finally decide to not to step out…afraid of the unknown….And try find a context which has no uncertainties and unknowns….

I feel like an old man towards the end of his life, looking back and saying – those were good days…but today…that is not the purpose of this reflection….

I believe that every generation goes through confusion…but is the midst of the confusion, clarity emerges…

How can I be a channel to bring clarity in the midst of confusion…?To build a generation that will understand the times and will know what to do….!

Comments

  1. Wow and vow. We need to vow ourselves to the creator The King and all these other things do fall into place. Working in a place where career excellence mean everything we have lost out on the best which is stored for us "not here... but in heaven". We were considering children's education in the future... The King replied ...don't worry about it. as I provided for Abraham I will provide for u. What an assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems so clear.... and yet, so few seem to be able to put it into practice. The answer to your last question will be transformational.... Otherwise we may find ourselves in heaven wishing we had done things differently down here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I do....to daily put this into our practice...and role model through our lives...that is my question to myself...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good