What am I doing HERE


What are you doing here, a question asked by God to Elijah. This question was asked a couple of times. I do not think it was a “geographical” question, but more of a “philosophical” one. God wanted to know, what he was doing in the current context, how he reached there.

A question I need to ask regularly! What am I doing here…?

If someone had asked Elijah, where are you now, he would have replied – Tired and exhausted – had a tough whole day work and then forty day’s journey. But the full day work was the turnaround of the century! By one day’s work, the whole nation had turned around. Of course he developed a few enemies through this action, but what was that when compared to the turnaround of a whole nation? That is when God asked this question – what ARE you doing here….But along with this question, God provided a good sleep and some home delivery food…That was the concern of God!

He would have also said, depressed, down and out. He was in deep self-pity – I am the only one left, no one else is there who thinks like me, I have been struggling alone for the last many years! But what he did not know was that there were another 7000, similar to him who were toiling away quietly in many locations for the greater purpose! But it took a 40 day journey and the soft voice of God to remind him of this and bring him back to senses and proper perspectives!

He would have said, I am the only good one – a bit of self-righteousness? But at the same time I am afraid, I am being hunted down! Fear of the lady of the Nation, who wielded all the power. But it was not too long back, God has used the seemingly weak and unknown Elijah for a great turnaround. The lady and her husband were trying destroy him, but God had given him a great turnaround. This seemed a story from the past. That God and the power was no more “real”. It took a fire, wind, and storm and then a soft voice to make him realize that the one who was asking the question was the God of the universe and powerful over and above earthly kings and kingdoms!

He also would have said, enough is enough, I want to give up on this life. All this dong “great things” but being rejected by the powers that matter in the visible world, and living in constant fear of the authorities is not worth it. There is a limit to what I can hold on. I am giving up on life! And God tells him in His soft voice, go back the way you came, and on your way back, keep anointing – Anoint the new Kings, anoint the one who is to take over from you, and keep working and waiting till you transition out. That would take a few more years, but he was given a transition plan….

What am I doing HERE when I am tired, worn out, depressed, lonely, afraid, wanting to give up…? Will I give up on God and His plans for my life….? He will not any way give up on me….!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good