A prayer

 

As the house was being swept today, I noticed a few things.

There was quite a bit of dust around. There were feathers, leaves and other particles that had flown in from outside. There were some reasons for this. Some how the daily cleaning could not be done because the helper was away. We were busy with work and other aspects of life that there was no time to do this required cleaning work on a regular basis.

There were also the issues related to the positioning of the house. The house is in the corner of the building, which is good in terms of freedom, open verandas etc. but there is more chance of dust and other things blowing in. In addition, we had left windows and doors open most times, that attracts more dust to come in.

As it was being swept, I realized there was more dust being added on by broken pieces and particles from the broom. The broom possibly was not one of good quality.

The dust increased as the broom went into the recesses and hidden areas under the furniture which had not been cleaned out for a few weeks!

And at the end of sweeping there was this nagging feeling, that a good job has not been done, there was still dust around, because the broom was not one of good quality and the broom holder was not one with previous experience of doing such a job regularly!

How to clean laminate floorsBut there was an assurance, that there was a person coming after, with a bucket of water and wet mop, to wash out and clean the shoddy job left by the sweeper!

Is this not a picture of my life! I keep the helper away, for various reasons. Instead of allowing the helper to daily enter my room of my heart with the good broom of the word, I allow it to clean only the seen areas of my life. This too on an intermittent basis.  

Over the week, I position myself in contexts and situations where more dust and dirt can flow in. I leave my doors and windows open allowing more dust and dirt to come in. And I try to replace the helper occasionally, using tools that are of inferior quality – my intellect and logic than the tool of the Spirit than can expose everything. I also keep many recesses hidden (I think I can hide it!)  from others and even from the helper and sweeper, for my own reasons!

What is the water of life? How can we get the water of life?And then I wonder, why my house is dusty and dirty!

I need to request the “Helper” to wield His broom on a daily basis.to clean the visible and invisible areas of my inner house.  I need to allow the water to be poured over so that the house can be clean, fresh and “cool” daily.  

This is my prayer today….

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good