Reckless and Crazy

Observing young bikers who engage in reckless and daring maneuvers on the busy roads of Delhi evokes various emotions in me. I call them Reckless and Crazy. Initially, I feel irritated, wondering how they can behave in such a manner. I also experience fear, as it is apparent that their reckless driving endangers their own lives and the lives of others. At the same time, a desire arises within me, a longing for youthful freedom to engage in such daring acts that were denied to me.

However, upon further reflection, I realize that recklessness and craziness are inherent in all of us. It seems to be a part of human nature. Some individuals exhibit this behavior for the sake of others, such as when someone in love engages in crazy and reckless acts for their beloved. Others engage in such behavior purely for their own satisfaction and the thrill of adventure. I have even heard of a 81-year-old man climbing Mount Everest – now, that's truly crazy!

Perhaps those of us who believe in a Creator and see the world as a product of intentional design rather than a result of a random event like the Big Bang can better comprehend this inclination toward recklessness and craziness. How extraordinary was the Creator to bring forth creation and entrust it to beings like us. Yet, we have tragically mismanaged it, evident in the climate change and pollution that surround us. In an act of great recklessness, the Creator sent His Son to undo the mess we have made.

It appears that the inclination toward craziness and recklessness is rooted in the nature of the Creator within us. Perhaps I should embrace this aspect of my humanity and allow myself to be more daring and reckless.

(Edited by Chat-gpt)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting and Wasting

Community our nation needs...

Weary of doing good